Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Our trip to Royal (Short Story)

I made one for Jordelle that's pink with brown polka dots, hopefully it'll work for her as a purse/diaper bag for when she needs to run errands. 

I try to help Mom with the house, boys, and preparing for the fair, but I don't know how helpful I was with the house. Sorry Mom, wish I could have done more for you. 

We got to ride four wheelers. No Adam did not ride with his Uncles, but he did get to ride with Aunt Shelby and I. 

I also took Shelby's Senior portraits, I haven't had time to post them to my Photography blog yet, but by the end of this week they'll be there under Sr. photos.

The fair also happened during some of the time that we were there. This is the first time Adam has touched something besides a dog or a cat. Funny story about this little bull. His name is Wapato Ken Kennon, he's a registered Milking Shorthorn. Chris, the woman that owns him wanted to make the bull her own, so she added the Kennon onto the first two names. Funny huh?

I circled the bull's name plate so you could see a little better.

Adam was exhausted from his first day at the fair. He fell asleep with his red balloon, that he absolutely loved, and was the best entertainment for him. 

Unfortunately my battery was dying so I was unable to take photos of Shelby, Parker, and Preston while they were showing their dairy heifers. For the day that I was there, Shelby received Grand Champion Fitting and Showing for both FFA and 4-H and fifth place in her Springer sale class. Parker received a blue third in Fitting and Showing. Preston placed above Parker in Fitting and Showing with Reserve Grand Champion. I'm so proud of all of them. 

Flying out of Pasco was great, and thankfully I once again sat by a very kind person who loved children and babies. He was very understanding of the squirmy Adam. Once we reached Salt Lake, everything seemed to be going well, but our flight was delayed four hours. Not so fun waiting in an airport with an 11 month old. Airports are definitely not the cleanest place to play. 

I sat with a bunch of kids headed to the boys ranch in Victor, the program is run by BYU-Idaho and I got to talk to some of the counselors and Jr. counselors. They tried to help keep Adam entertained and even took some photos for us. 

Travis had work late the night we got in, thankfully Christine and Blair were able to pick us up, but I felt so bad it was really late. They thought it was worth it, especially after not seeing Adam for more than two weeks. Travis surprised me by having our house spotless, and bringing a box of chocolates from Chicago from his trip. I have the most wonderful husband in the world. Adam now has a nursery/playroom it's great. 

We're now home and enjoying the relaxed pace again, don't get me wrong we had fun in Royal, but it's just good to be home. I don't think we'll be going for two weeks again anytime soon. Unless Daddy comes with us...

No comments:

Post a Comment