Sunday, March 8, 2009

I love Fondant Cakes!

So for my cake decorating class, I had a to do a fondant decorated cake. Our options are limitless, but there are certain requirements to accomplish for the teacher. I had so much fun! This was the first time my teacher had seen anyone do a Mickey Mouse design. I had so much fun with this, I think that I'll end up doing it for Adam's first birthday, but we'll have to see how long that takes me. I used white and chocolate fondant. I had to add a lot of black food dye to chocolate to go black though.



The fondant recipe that I used requires marshmallows, water, sifted confectioners (powdered) sugar and shortening. That's what it takes to make the white fondant. For the chocolate I used Chocolate marshmallows and cocoa in addition to the previous ingredients.

4 comments:

  1. Did it taste as yummy as it looks? Very cute Tash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately no. For one it was a rice crispie cake. For two, it was about three weeks old. But thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job Tash. I hope you got a really good grade
    Love
    Grandma B

    ReplyDelete