Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Nice Weather

The Monday after we got to the Salt Lake Valley there was a nasty windstorm that reminded me of when I lived in Washington surrounded by fields (There are fields just one block over). There was dirt and dust everywhere! I used the broom to sweep off our bikes because it wouldn't merely blow off. It rained on Tuesday and was chilly for the next two days. And then.... it snowed! I went running that morning and came back covered in show. I was wearing all black and looked like a snowman. It didn't feel too cold until I was doing my cool down walk but I started running again because I was wet. 

This is what it looked like when we woke up. 


This was later that day. Thing 1 really wanted to go play in the snow, but there wasn't any on the ground. He just rode is bike and stuck his tongue out for snowflakes. 



The next week on the other hand was gorgeous! The boys and I went outside and played at the playgrounds. Our pool looks like it is still open in our apartment complex. Don't worry it's heated. The hot tub is open year round, so I'm wondering when they'll close down the pool.
This was four days later. We were playing outside in the nice warm weather and enjoying the t-shirts in the shade. Playing on the playground Thing 1 calls the "Number 2 Playground" of the three in our complex. 


Thing 2 loves climbing up this latter and sliding down the big spiral slide.


He is fearless! And was up and down I don't know how many times!




We also went for ride around the playground in Thing 2's Cozy Coupe and on Thing 1's bike. 




I think this is going to help me with the move. Having a little bit shorter winter and a warmer winter so that we can grow watermelons during the summer! We'll see how we manage the hot summers next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment